Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Jillian's Sticker Chart Reward

A while ago, we decided to get Jillian out of her night-time pull-ups. At first, I just tried doing it and praising her for it, and it worked for a few days, but then she started having accidents. So I decided to do a sticker chart. I originally told her she had to get twenty stickers and she could get this Barbie castle she wanted. Then one day we were in Target, and she saw some Tinkerbell roller skates. She asked if she could have those too, and I told her she had to get thirty stickers for the rollerskates. She agreed to the bargain, and was so excited. Every day she talked about those roller skates. It took longer than thirty days to fill the chart, because she had a few accidents here and there, but when she finally did, this is what it looked like:
So the next day we went shopping. She eventually decided she didn't need the Barbie castle, as she already had a different kind of castle (that she hardly ever plays with...), so instead she decided to get a Pop-Up Pal. Which was fine with me, because the Pop-Up Pal was way cheaper than the Barbie castle. And we got the skates. They didn't have any Tinkerbell skates, but Jillian decided she'd be okay with the Princess skates. She couldn't wait to get home and put them on with all her gear.

Ready to skate! Poor girl, I don't think she realized that it was something she'd have to learn to do. Somewhere, she must have seen someone skating, because she was trying to lift up her back leg straight out behind her, sort of like ice skaters do. And, I mean, she couldn't even skate in them, much less start performing tricks. But she tried really really hard.


And she fell a few times, but she just picked herself back up and tried again.
While Jillian was skating, Jake stole the opportunity to ride Jillian's bike without her yelling at him. He LOVES riding her bike (yup, its on the Christmas list for Jake - but we don't think he minds riding a pink bike....) and he's getting pretty good at it. I think his legs must be longer than Jillian's were at that age, because Jillian couldn't ride her bike at all when she was Jake's age. Go Jakey, go!
And the best part? We don't have to buy pull-ups for Jillian anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment