Monday, October 11, 2010

Jillian Funnies

Jillian: Icky means grody.
Rick: So things that are icky are grody?
Jillian: Yes
Rick: And some things that are grody are icky?
Jillian: Yes
Rick: What about boogers? What are they?
Jillian: Boogers are grody. I have one in my nose if you want it.


As I was putting Jillian to bed tonight, she was telling me a story about how, when she was a baby, there was a dragon on the fan in her room, and he would come down and bite her toes. It was a green dragon with purple spots and pink hair, and he wasn't very nice. But he's nice now, because he lives in heaven with God. He's God's pet.

A few weeks ago, I was talking to Jillian about when she was in my belly. I asked her if she knw how she got there, and she told me that she was in heaven, in a cage. And there was a grasshopper who opened the cage door, and she fell out of the sky and landed in my belly. And while she was in my belly, she could see the way out, but when she tried to get out, the grasshopper stopped her from getting out! But finally she was able to get out, and then she was born. She told me that she is too big to fit in my belly now. And she told me that Jake got in my belly the same way.

SO, fastforward to tonight. As I was putting Jake and Jillian to bed, Jillian said something about her and Jake being big kids. I went on about how they are growing up, and they're getting so big, and Jillian said, "yeah, we're big kids now. We won't even fit in those cages in heaven anymore because we're so big. That grasshopper says we won't fit in the cages!" I can't believe she remembered her story from a few weeks ago, and is still talking about it tonight!

At their school, Jillian's class learned about Christopher Columbus today. They colored a picture of him, and talked about what he did. On the way home from school, I asked Jillian who they learned about at school, and she said Christopher Columbus. I asked what she learned about him, and she just said that he sailed on the seven seas. So then at dinner tonight, I told Jillian to tell Grandma Lynne and Grandpa Rodney who she learned about today. She couldn't remember his name, so I gave her a hint by saying, "Cr...Cr...Cr" and she said "Christopher Columbus." I asked her to tell them what Christopher Columbus did, and she said, "He talked to the queen, and everyone thought that the world was flat, but he thought the world was round like a little ball. So he got three ships, and he sailed around the world and found a lot of treasure, and he went back to the queen and guess what?! He was right. The world is NOT flat. Its round, just like he said it was!" So I guess her new teacher is doing a good job - I couldn't believe how much of that she was able to remember! I just sat there shocked as she was telling us, because she didn't tell us that much in the car on the way home - I had no idea she knew all that! Smart girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment