Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A few weekends ago, Rick had to work on Saturday, so the kids and I headed down to Lake Placid to spend the day at the lake with the family. Grandma Bob and Grandpa Bob, Grandpa Mat and Grandma Cindy, and Aunt Cathy, Uncle Don and Morgan were all there. We had fun riding the Polaris, tubing, and skiing, and we had a picnic lunch with hamburgers and hot dogs. Fun times!

Jillian was chilling out in her little chair, waiting patiently to get in the lake.
Yay! Jake wasn't thrilled about the life vest, but he did enjoy the freedom it gave him to move around on his own in the water. Both kids played all day long in the water - they were worn out by the time we left.

Grandpa Mat helped the kids on this tube, and they had a blast jumping off and getting back on. And jumping off and getting back on. And jumping off and getting back on. Thankfully, it was Grandpa Mat and Grandma Cindy and Morgan in the water with them....I just got to watch!


Grandpa Mat helping the kids on the tube. Later, Morgan and I decided to go tubing. We had fun, but its a lot more work than I remembered! After tubing, I had a bright idea that I'd try to ski. I had a good feeling that I could still do it - even though it had been YEARS since the last time I went skiing. Like at least ten years! I'm pretty sure everyone on shore thought I couldn't do it, but I'm proud to say I did! And it was fun. But even as I was out there on the water skiing, I was thinking about how much I was going to hurt the next day! And I did...

We're so lucky to be back in Florida, surrounded by our family, and so close to such fun things. Swimming in the lake in the summer - it just doesn't get much more fun than that!

1 comment:

  1. How about swimming in the lake on Christmas Day? Do you remember doing that on more than once. Florida is nice. I would like a little of the "fall" season, but the last few weeks have been pretty "fall-like".

    ReplyDelete