As we were walking, I turned around and pointed the camera at Jillian, and she immediately started saying "cheese!" and swinging her arms.Thursday, October 14, 2010
Fall Festival
The church that Grandma Lynne and Grandpa Rodney go to here in town had their fall festival last weekend. We took the kids, and they had a blast! First thing, we saw this firetruck when we walked in. Jake took off towards it - he was very interested in seeing everything in it. One of the firemen gave them fire hats, and walked around the truck with us.
Then the fireman lifted Jake up into the driver's seat! Fireman Jake! He really didn't want to get out when it was Jillian's turn to get in.
Fireman Jillian! Her hat didn't fit so well over her pigtails, so she opted not to wear it. We decided to take them back to the car so the kids didn't lose them or destroy them, and we added them to our dress up box at home (and now Jake has options other than being a princess, wearing a tutu, or wearing last year's witch costume....all of which he likes, of course, but this gives him a more manly option for playing dress up!).
Next stop - face painting! Well, Jillian decided she wanted her hand painted instead, so she could see it. She got flowers and a cloud. Unfortunately, when she washed her hands before lunch, the flowers washed off. She was really disappointed. The lines were really long, though, so we weren't going to get it done again, so I told her I'd paint her face when we got home. I did it with some paints we have, and it went really well. Jillian got a butterfly. It dried fast and came off in the bath, and the kids loved it. So I'm thinking I may paint their faces more often!
Jake got a race car on his face. I'm not sure he ever saw it in the mirror, but he did think it was cool that this lady was painting on his face. When we got home, I gave him a football and a "Go Gators" done in orange and blue.
After face-painting, we got in line for pony rides. Jillian quickly spotted the purple halter on one of the horses, and decided that was the one she had to ride, so we had to maneuver a little bit to work it out, but she got the purple horse. Both kids were in love with these horses. Of course, the ride was pretty short - just one loop around the grounds, but at least they weren't just in one of those circle things. Daddy walked next to Jake, just in case, but it wasn't necessary. Jillian rode by herself. Did I mention how much they loved this!?
As we were walking, I turned around and pointed the camera at Jillian, and she immediately started saying "cheese!" and swinging her arms.
Then she posed by putting her chin in her hands. I didn't catch her before she turned her head, but it was cute...
Jake drank this whole bottle of water himself! He was thirsty, and it was hot! (But, he still kept his pull-up dry the whole time we were there - all day actually - and only went potty in the bathroom! Yay Jake!)
Next, we went on the train. It was pulled by a lawn mower that had been built up to look like a train engine. The kids thought this was fun - the whole time they were smiling and giggling and waving at us. They actually got a pretty long ride on the train - they had lots of fun!

While we were there, we saw one of the teachers at the kids' school. She and her husband go to church there, which we hadn't known. Also, while we were eating lunch, I got to talking with another mom, and she told me that the owner of the school used to go to church there too (and might still, but this mom doesn't anymore, so she didn't know for sure). And I already knew that the music minister at that church sends his son there - who I think is in Jillian's class. Small world!
As we were walking, I turned around and pointed the camera at Jillian, and she immediately started saying "cheese!" and swinging her arms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thats our church! :) We were there briefly, too :)
ReplyDelete