Last night, Jillian and I were joking around, and I asked her if she was a girl or a boy. She said she was a boy, so I asked her what her name was. She thought about it for a while, and then said she didn't know. So I asked her if she was Joey, and she said yes. I called her Joey while we were joking around, and then a few minutes later, I called her Jillian. She corrected me, and said, "no, I'm Joey!"
So about thirty minutes later, Jillian came over to me and said, "hi Emma!" I thought I didn't understand her, so I said, "what?" She said it again, "hi Emma!" I asked her if Emma was my new name, and she said it was. Then she said her name was Joey. I asked her what Daddy's name was, and she thought for a fraction of a second and then yelled, "Boots!" (Boots is Dora the Explorer's sidekick monkey friend.) For the next little bit, she called us Emma and Boots. Then she decided that I was Dora and she was Benny (as in, Benny the Bull, another of Dora's friends).
This morning when she woke up, I called her Joey, and she looked at me like I was CRAZY! Apparently, her memory of last night's conversations was fuzzy!
(Oh, and we don't know anyone named Emma, and there are no Emma's in her class at daycare - or in any of the other classes, as far as I know. So I'm not sure where the name Emma came from.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just love the things that Pickle says. You should ask her if she is pickle.
ReplyDeleteHaha! I can just picture you calling her Joey and her being like ummm, mom???
ReplyDelete