A few weeks ago, I wrote about Jillian's first "real" injury - her toenail that was bent backwards and ultimately fell off. That was her first owie that had blood - and it was gross. She did manage to make it past 2 years old though, before having a real injury.
Jake, who is less than one week shy of his first birthday, had his first accident this weekend. (Boys!) On Friday night, he was standing next to Jillian at the coffee table, and he had a play spatula in his mouth. Something happened - he tripped, or Jillian knocked him over (not sure which) - and Jake went down. He hit his face on the corner of the coffee table, and we think the fall caused the plastic play spatula to cut the inside of his mouth. The inside of a mouth bleeds A LOT. I ran over and picked him up, and he was crying, and as I turned him over, I just saw blood pouring out of his mouth. He wasn't hysterical or anything, but he was scared. I admit, I sort of froze. I saw the blood running out of the side of my baby's mouth, and all I could do was hold him so Rick could see the blood and know it was serious. I'm not even sure I was able to say anything in those seconds. (So, keep that in mind - if you're going to have an accident or something that is going to require someone cool under pressure who will take care of you - I am NOT the person you want with you!)
We got the poor kiddo into the kitchen and started wiping away blood - TONS of blood, and he started to calm down and just wimper. I don't really think he was hurt, just scared, and then confused about why everyone was fussing over him - Jake's a laid back, leave me alone kind of kid. Eventually he stopped bleeding, and was ready to have a bottle and go to bed. He was tired after all that! He had a nice, fat lip to show for it though. Poor Jakey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment