Yesterday when I picked Jake up from daycare, we got his eviction notice! I got his bag out of his drawer (each kid has a drawer for their extra clothes, bag, diapers, etc) and found his name tag and the picture of him that hung over his crib.
Now that Jake is one, he will start transitioning into the next class. They'll start slow - he'll spend a few hours each day in the class next door, eventually transitioning into that class full time. Its so sad! We love the teacher in that class, Miss Toya. When Jillian had her we thought she was fabulous - I even tried to convince her to move up with Jillian so she could stay with her. I'm thrilled that now she'll teach Jake. But its a bit sad that Jake is getting so big and grown up, and won't be in the baby class anymore!
Miss Toya only has five kids in her class, so Jake will get a lot of attention. He'll learn to sleep on a cot instead of in a crib (that will likely be a SLOW transition), and he'll learn to do more structured play and learning - participating in circle time and doing some group activities. He'll also learn to eat at the little table instead of in a high chair, and we plan to start the transition to sippy cups. Where did my baby go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment