Jillian has become quite the little Miss Bossy pants. She loves to tell Jake what to do. Or rather, what NOT to do. "No, Jake!" has become her favorite phrase. If I tell Jake to stop doing something, or to move, or to drink his bottle, or to finish eating, or anything, Jillian is right there on top of us, repeating me in her bossy voice, just because. Just because its an opportunity to tell Jake what to do. She will also tell us what to do with Jake. If I'm holding him, and she wants to sit in my lap, she'll say, "put Jake down." Or she'll tell me to put him to bed if I'm giving him his night-time bottle and she wants to play. That conversation usually goes like this:
Jillian: "mommy? Wanna play puzzles with me?"
Me: "sure. As soon as Jake finishes eating and goes to bed, I'll play with you."
Jillian: "just put Jake in bed. Put Jake in his crib and play puzzles."
Yesterday, she bossed me. We were in the car, and I was wearing my glasses instead of my contacts. We stopped at a red light, and I took my glasses off to wipe a smudge off of them, and Jillian yelled from the backseat, "mommy, put your glasses on, you're DRIVING!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment