Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bluebonnets, Part II











On Saturday after the egg hunt, we drove down to south Dallas, and were finally able to see some good fields of bluebonnets. We got the kids ready, changed their clothes, and re-did Jillian's hair, and set off into the field. I carried Jillian out to the middle, and we talked about the pretty flowers, and how sitting in the flowers was "so silly!" She seemed excited about it. As soon as we put both kids down in the flowers, they both hated it. Jake cried, Jillian shrieked. I thought I'd be helpful, and pointed out a pretty lady bug. Turns out, Jillian is flat-out terrified, and I mean TERRIFIED, of little ladybugs. She refused to let us sit her down in the flowers after that, and even when we kneeled down with her, she shrieked about the ladybugs. She was not excited. Jake finally warmed up to the flowers, and he had a good time playing in them. Both agreed to sit on the bale of hay that another family brought as a prop. That family also brought their little dog, and they lent him to us as well. Jake's first puppy licks! We ended up getting a few cute pictures of both kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment