Sunday, May 3, 2009

Conversations with Jillian

Me: Jillian, what color is that truck?
Jillian: Blue!
Me: What color is the bird?
Jillian: Black!
Me: What color is your shirt?
Jillian: Mommy, I KNOW my colors!

Rick: Jillian, are you ready for bed?
Jillian: No. I'm playing with this.
Rick: Oh, you're playing with that toy?
Jillian: Yeah, I need five minutes before bed.

TV Commercial: Why do some hospitals treat the disease instead of the patient?
Jillian: Hmmm....I don't know!

Jillian: Mommy! A ladybug! Ladybugs are nice. We like ladybugs. They're nice. Not fiders. They not nice. We not like fiders. (She has difficulties with the "sp" sound - so she says fiders.)

(While trying to play with mommy, but Jake keeps getting in the way)...
Jillian: Jake! No Jake. Go love on daddy!

(On the potty, and taking forever)...
Rick: Jillian, are you finished going potty?
Jillian: Not yet.
Rick: Did you go poopy yet?
Jillian: No daddy, I'm going to find you a big one!

(At the zoo, looking at elephants)
Jillian: Look at the elephants weenie.
Me: Jillie, those aren't weenies. That's the elephant's nose.
Jillian: No its not. Thats a weenie!
Me: Jillie, that's his NOSE!
Jillian: No, its not. That's the elephant weenie!
Me: (walking quickly away)...no its a nose, not a weenie. Lets go!

No comments:

Post a Comment