I recently found out that my Aunt Carole is going to be moving to El Paso, Texas in a few months. I'm so excited because we're going to have family here in Texas with us. Unfortunately, El Paso is about as far away from Dallas as Lake Placid. Well, not quite. But still, its not like we're going to be making day trips to see Aunt Carole or anything. Just knowing that we are sharing a state makes me feel closer to family. And that means a lot to me. So welcome to Texas, Aunt Carole!
I just learned, though, that Aunt Carole didn't have such a great first introduction to Texas, when she got stranded in Dallas this weekend. Apparently, she and Isaac were flying out to see Eddy on Friday for Spring Break, and had a layover in Dallas. Their layover ended up being a sleepover, though, because the flight to El Paso was cancelled because of the weather out that way. Fortunately, Eddy has relatives in Dallas, so Carole and Isaac were able to stay with them for the night. The kicker, though, is that I was at the airport on Friday night, too. I was on my way home from New Orleans. I wonder if we passed each other in the terminal somewhere?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment