Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jillian's First Big Boo-Boo

So this weekend, we had to break out the band-aids for a real boo-boo. On Saturday afternoon, we heard Jillian say, "I'm okay, mommy." She says that a lot, seemingly for no reason, so I just kind of said, "I'm glad you're okay." And went back to whatever I was doing. About twenty minutes later, Rick was sitting on the couch with Jillian, and saw that her foot had blood on it. On closer inspection, he determined that her toenail on her big toe had bent backwards. My stomach is turning a little, just typing this. (Yes, I know, its only going to get worse from here.) I'm not sure how it happened, but we kept asking her if it hurt, and she kept saying, "no, I okay." We offered a band-aid, and she jumped at that.

She spent the rest of Saturday walking around on the side of her foot, with her big toe up in the air. I think it hurt a bit, but not much. This morning, she woke up and cried that her band-aid was gone. Yuck. I forgot to look for it in her bed, too. We gave her a new one, and she was proud of it. She kept walking around telling us, and Jake, "look, I gotta band-aid. LOOK!" She'd lose them, and come ask for another. I told her she had to bring me the one that fell off before she could get a new one, so that Jake didn't get ahold of it. That'd be gross. She went through several today, but her toe seemed to be okay. It wasn't bleeding. But then I decided to take her to Target with me, and I told her to get her shoes on. I guess that jarred the nail again, and it started bleeding again. A lot. I immediately called Rick to come in and deal with it. I think this time it hurt her, because I asked if she wanted to hold my hand while daddy cleaned her up, and she did. She grabbed both my hands. It was sweet. When it was over, I asked her for a kiss, which she gave me. I then asked her for a hug, and she said, "no, mommy. I'm hugging your hands." I think she's gonna survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment