

Jake took his first solo bath in the big tub the other day. Normally, he and Jillian share the tub, and since she's older, and, (more importantly) bigger, she hogs the water spout. In the beginning, Jake didn't care - he was perfectly content to just hang out in the back of the tub with the toys. Lately, though, he's seen the fun that can be had at the front of the tub: filling cups with water, washing the toys, ducking your head under the water. And he's been trying to wiggle his way up there. But Jillian always puts a stop to that, either by just nudging (read: pushing!) him away, or by yelling, "mommy! Jake won't get off me!"
But last week, Jake had the tub to himself, and he loved it! He spashed and giggled and squealed, and ducked his head under the faucet. I felt bad taking him out, he was having such a good time. From now on, I'm going to try to give them separate baths a few times a week, so Jake can play. And yes, that's a doll he's playing with.
He is so cute, I miss that brat!
ReplyDelete