Tonight Jillian decided that she wanted to read "Ten Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" as her bedtime story. We actually have two copies of this book, but one of them starts from only five monkeys. This is the one I prefer, because you can only repeat "Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell off and bumped his head. So momma called the doctor and the doctor said, 'no more monkeys jumping on the bed!'" so many times. But of course Jillian prefers the book that has ten stupid monkeys. I usually try to skip pages. She only catches me once in awhile.
So tonight we're reading it, and she's saying the words along with me, and when she forgets them, I prompt her, and she finishes. The second or third time around, she started really doing it on her own, and suddenly stops. I realize that she is "prompting" me, because I had stopped reciting it with her. She thought I forgot the words. So I take up where she left off, and finish the verse. She looks up at me, and with all the excitement and enthusiasm in her body, says, "YAY MOM!!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cute! Jasmin loves this one too. Only she yells, at the top of her lungs, the last line.
ReplyDeleteSuzy...too cute. Kinston loves a told b and b told c I'll meet you at the top of the coconut tree. chica chica boom boom. Liz and Donald have it memorized, but I need to read as he lures more words. The other day he was at rest in his play pen saying "nine" over and over with different inflections each time. Wish you lived here I would so love to spoil your babies for you. Give Rick and babys hugs and kisses from Aunt Kaye "Mimi" and Big Grandma "NaNa".
ReplyDelete