Thursday, December 17, 2009

Santa and his Reindeer

Last weekend, Santa brought his reindeer to a park near our house, and we were lucky enough to get to go see them. He only brought two reindeer - I guess the rest were with the elves and Mrs. Claus visiting kids at other parks around the world. Sorta like a PR tour, you know? Jillian was really excited to go and see the reindeer - she thought we'd be able to feed them carrots. She was a little disappointed, I think, when she saw them. They were in a pen, and don't really look as cute as the cartoon reindeer she's seen on tv. But she warmed up to them, and had a good time talking to them.Right when I took this picture, Jillian had just asked the reindeer something, and he walked right up to her, and shook his head up and down. It looked like he was answering "yes" to her question. She said, "mommy, he's talking to me!"

"I've got your antler! Try getting away now, mister!"

Jake LOVED the reindeer, of course. This kid loves animals! He points at them and stares 'em down. He's not always a fan of actually petting them, but he loves to look at them and talk to them. He acts like I'm beating him or something when I have to finally drag him away from animals. It was no different here - I had to bribe him with food to get him to leave the reindeer area.
Next up - sitting on Santa's sleigh. Jillian was not interested at all. I couldn't even get her to agree to stand in front of it. Jake wasn't thrilled, either, but he went with it.
And then Jillian spotted this cow, that she just had to sit on!
And now, a montage. The many faces of Jillian Katherine Wilson! This is her kissy face.
And her thinking face.
And her pouty face.
And her HAPPY face!
Then she wanted to kiss the ducks!
And ride them. Ride 'em cowgirl! Er...duckgirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment