Monday, November 1, 2010

Farmer Day

Last week, the kids' school had a harvest party, and they asked all the kids to dress up as farmers. I told Jillian she and Jake could wear jeans and plaid shirts, and she said, "no, mom, farmers wear overalls!" Yikes - we don't own any overalls. So now we do...I went to four stores to find some for Jillian. I passed some up for Jake at the first store, because I wasn't going to get some for him and not her, and then I didn't find any boy overalls at any of the other stores. And I wasn't about to go back to the first store! But Jake was perfectly happy wearing his jeans!
Jillian was SO mad that we made her wear this bandana for the pictures. She said girl farmers don't wear bandanas. We finally convinced her to wear it, just for the pictures, but she mostly pouted through the pictures and then yanked it off as soon as we were done. When we got to school though, I made sure to point out that her teacher was wearing a bandana!

I wasn't sure if Jake would keep his on during school, but when we picked him up, he was still wearing it.
Of course, it was soaked through, because he spent all day chewing on the ends of it, just like this... . Jake picked me some flowers before school.

I think they enjoyed dressing up. The party was on Wednesday before Halloween, so it was a good practice for them in the idea of dressing up. In fact, when she had the outfit on, Jillian said, "daddy, can I be a farmer for Halloween?" Rick readily agreed, since we hadn't bought their Halloween costumes yet, but that idea was short-lived. About five minutes later, she was talking about being a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment