When we got there, Jillian's first stop was the little pumpkin house. She wanted to pick out her own pumpkin first thing. So many to choose from!
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Pumpkin Patch
On Saturday, we made our yearly trip to the Pumpkin Patch. I love going to this place because its free and has lots of stuff for kids to do. It has bounce houses, a hay ride, lots of little houses and forts, a hay "mountain," and, of course, tons of pumpkins. We had beautiful weather - in the upper 50's. Perfect for a day at the pumpkin patch! We told Jillian we were going a few days earlier, and it was all she talked about. She couldn't wait to go!
When we got there, Jillian's first stop was the little pumpkin house. She wanted to pick out her own pumpkin first thing. So many to choose from!
Hmmm....how about this one? No, too dirty! (Seriously, she was all upset that her hands got dirty! I told her to just wipe it on her jeans, and she wouldn't. I had to pull out a wipe from the diaper bag, but I did tell her that we were outside, they were all going to be dirty...)
Hmmmm....decisions, decisions. Which one should I pick?
Oooh, this one looks promising! If only I can lift it up!
What do you think, mom? How about this one? No, its too big!
This one is more my style - just the right size!
While Jillian looked for her perfect pumpkin, Jake played in the pumpkin jail. I think the boy would have stayed in here all day if we would have let him!
The pumpkin patch! So many pumpkins!
This was the best I could do for a picture of them together. Either one would look at me and smile and the other wouldn't, or one would sit still and the other would be half up getting ready to run off. They were a mess, but I did manage to get one with both sitting next to each other. Notice that Jillian hasn't let go of her perfect pumpkin!
Showing off her pumpkin!
Jillian and Jake just wanted to run! All that open space, and they just wanted to take off! Here, I think we had just called Jillian back to us, and she was "helping" us out by bringing Jake with her!
Then they played on this hay mountain for awhile. Jillian needed a bit of help climbing up, but somehow Jake managed to get himself up there. He was fearless, crawling all over the hay!
Jillian's friend Haylie and her mom met us at the patch. At school, Haylie is the first person to greet us when we walk in the door - she runs up to Jillian, shouts, "hi Jillie Bean!" and gives her a hug. But at the pumpkin patch, it took her a long time to warm up to us! Jillian was so excited to see one of her friends there.
Jillian's teacher Jeannie also met us there. When Jillian saw her, she ran to her for a hug, but it was such a quick hug that by the time I got my camera ready, she had already made it out of the shot and back in the pumpkin field. I think Jillian was surprised to see Jeannie outside of school.
Jake loved this wagon. He kept trying to hijack it! He'd go over to it, look it over, and grab the handle to pull it away. Since it wasn't our wagon, I kept having to move him away from it, but he kept going right back.
I sat Jake down in the middle of these three pumpkins - I thought it would be a good picture. Practically the moment I sat him down, he got mad and started pushing the pumpkins away from him. First the one in front of him.....
Now this one....
Shew! My work here is done!

Jillian showing off her Halloween socks! She'd been begging me to let her wear these for weeks!
Jillian having a quick snack before the hayride.
And we're off!
Our friends Josh and Leah came too - this is their son Lincoln. He and Jake don't know it yet, but they are going to be good buddies when they get a little older and learn how to play together. Both boys enjoyed the hay ride, even though we didn't get far because the tractor in front of us got stuck!
When we got there, Jillian's first stop was the little pumpkin house. She wanted to pick out her own pumpkin first thing. So many to choose from!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment