Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Guess I Need to Set Up a Playdate...

As we were leaving school today, we walked out with Hailey and Nora, and Hailey's mom. Nora was going to play at Hailey's house (I think their parents switch off one day a week with their kid going to the others' house to play). Jillian saw them get in the same car, and asked me where Nora was going. I said, "she's going to Hailey's house." She said, "why?" I said, "I don't know. I think they are just going to play." Jillian then said, "I want someone to come over to my house!"

Fortunately, we came to a red light, and I was able to turn around and talk to Jillian. I asked her who she wanted to come to her house, and she said, "Yazzy." Yazzy and Jillian were best buddies, and have been since they were in the baby class together. Recently, though, Yazzy quit coming to school because her mom put her in another program. Jillian and I hadn't really talked about that though, so I wasn't sure she had noticed, really. So I asked her if she missed Yazzy, and she got a pouty face and said, "yes. Yazzy was my best, first friend." I nearly cried right there! I told her that I would call Yazzy's mom and see if we could have a play date this weekend. So then, of course, Jillie asked me what a play date is. I explained, and she said she thought that was a good idea. Then, for the rest of the way home, she reminisced about Yazzy. She said, "mommy, when a new friend came to school, I whispered to Yazzy to be nice." And then she told me how they would wake each other up at the end of naptime. She said they would whisper to each other, "wake up!" I'm wondering if the first one awake would wake up the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment