Jillian and Jake's bedroom doors are decorated with the artwork that they bring home from school, and a few pictures of their friends. Jillian can see both doors when she is lying in bed at night, and she loves to look at the pictures and art. She always notices right away when I take something down or add a new picture.
Last night, she came up to Rick with a picture of Grandpa Mat that she had found in our picture pile. It was taken at my law school graduation, so its a few years old, but she knew that it was grandpa. She asked Rick to tape the picture to her door. It took a few tries before Rick got it "right," but finally Jillian was happy with the picture and tape placement. She pointed out the picture several times before bed, and then looked at it while falling asleep. She kept saying, "that's my grandpa!"
So, we've decided to create a photo wall in each kid's room, so that they can look at and remember their grandmas and grandpas, and uncles and aunts, and cousins. Send us recent pictures of yourselves, so you can make it on the wall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that is just soooooooo cool. I will see if I can find some more recent pictures...and some of Cindy, too.
ReplyDeleteLove you guys. Give Jake and Jillian big 'ol hugs and kisses for us.
Grandpa Mat
I think that you have some pictures of morgan and me,I will get you one of Uncle Don.
ReplyDelete