Today is Jillian's half birthday! We can't believe our baby girl is 2 1/2 already! Where did the time go?
Last night after dinner, Jillian found a lime green plastic bag in Jake's room (we use them for Jake's dirty diapers), and brought it to the kitchen. She said, "Its my birthday, I need you to put my present in here!" I played along, and put in two teeny tiny dolls that she just got in the mail from Grandpa and Cindy, and she was thrilled. She brought her bag of presents out to the living room, and made Rick watch her open them. She came back in the kitchen and said, "mommy, I need you to tell me Happy Birthday, Jillian." So I said, "Happy Birthday, Jillian." And she looked up at me, like she hadn't just ordered me to say it, and said, "thank you mommy!" She even made us sing Happy Birthday to her! She had her own little party with her dolls and toys.
But she had no idea that today is her half birthday! It wasn't until she started playing birthday that I thought about and realized that it really is her "sort of" birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment