Thursday, August 6, 2009

Jake is Sick

I got a call this afternoon from the director at the kids' school, letting me know that Jake had a fever. It was just a slight fever, ang it was naptime, so she said she'd put him down for his nap, and we'd see how he was doing when he got up. A couple hours later, I got another call - his temperature had gone up. So I went to get him, and he was just a pathetic little guy. He hadn't eaten all day, which is very unlike him, and he was very cuddly. He just put his little head on my shoulder and laid there. When we got home, we took a nap together in Jillian's bed, and then he sat next to me on the couch while I did some work. He was so sweet, just cuddled up next to me. He fell asleep on the couch for a little bit.

I finally got him to drink some juice and eat some applesauce, and then I put him back to bed. Hopefully he feels better in the morning!

When Rick picked Jillian up from school this afternoon, she was, of course, wondering why they weren't picking up Jake. Rick explained that Jake went home sick from school earlier in the day, and she looked up at him and said, "Oh, I'll give Jake a kiss to make him feel better!" And when they got home, that's exactly what she did. She yanked his binker out of his mouth so she could give him a big one. And then she proclaimed, "I gave Jake a kiss, now he feels better!"

No comments:

Post a Comment