The other day, she was talking to Jake, trying to get him to do something, and Jillian was getting frustrated that he wasn't cooperating. Finally, she took his face in her hands and said, "FOCUS, Jake!"
The kids have been having fun making smoothies for a snack with Grandma Lynne. The other day, out of the blue, Jillian told me, "mommy, when I get bigger, I'm always going to make smoothies for my kids." I said, "you are? You're going to have kids?" And she said, "yeah, 8 kids!" (Though when I told that story to someone later, she upped it to 314 kids!)
Me: Good morning, Jillian!
Jillian: Salutations, mommy!
(She's been watching Charlotte's Web)
Jillian has been channeling her inner journalist. A few days ago, I was working at the computer, and she asked me for a piece of paper and a pen. I gave it to her, and she said, "So, what makes a good neighbor?" I said, "someone who is nice." She "wrote" it down and asked what else. I said, "someone who plays with you." She wrote that too, and said, "how about someone who shares their toys?" I said yes, so she wrote that down too, and said, "hmmm....what else makes a good neighbor?" I had to give about three more responses, and she wrote each of them down. Then she said, "okay, thanks mommy."
Yesterday morning, the kids climbed into George's kennel (I'll post pictures of that later...) and I wanted to take pictures. I said, "say cheese," and Jake said "CHEESE!" Jillian, on the other hand, said, "Zuckerman's Famous PIG!!!" (Again, thanks to Charlotte's Web!)
Jillian has learned the art of reverse psychology. I was putting them to bed on Friday night, and I told them to give Grandma and Grandpa hugs. For some reason, Jake wouldn't hug grandma. I told him again to give her a hug, and he didn't want to, so we started to go upstairs. Then I heard Jillian say, "Jake, whatever you do, don't go hug grandma. No. Don't hug her. Don't go hug grandma, Jake." So of course, then he wanted to hug her. It seems our little girls is going to start turning the tables on us soon!
Last night, when I was putting the kids to bed, I was laying on Jilian's bed with my eyes closed. Jake was a bit restless, and I think he conked his head on his headboard. He started whimpering, but I kept my eyes closed to see if it was real or if he was just crying to cry. But Jillian was worried. She immediately said, "mommy, wake up quick! Jake hurt himself!" So I went over to his bed to check on him, and I sat next to him and held his hand for a few minutes. Jillian didn't say anything at all, so I thought she had fallen asleep while I was with Jake. But after about 3 or 4 minutes, she got out of bed, came over and sat down next to Jake on his bed, and put her hand on his arm. She said, "Jake, do you want to tell me and mommy what just happened?" Of course he didn't, and she said, "Jake, I didn't see what happened so I can't help you. Do you want to tell your sister what happened?" She was so concerned about him, and talking to him in her best therapist voice. I had to cover my face to keep from cracking up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ahh, you have some adorable stories! Hope you wrote them down to share when they get older!
ReplyDeleteKids really do say the darnest things! I love it!!
ReplyDelete