I was doing some laundry this afternoon, and I have those tall laundry baskets - the ones that are just the right size to trap a kid under. Anyway, I was folding clothes, and Jillian asked if she could play with the basket. I told her I was going to need it pretty soon to take the clothes upstairs and she asked if she could play with it while I folded. I told her she could, and as she ran out of the laundry room with it, she said she was going to play "castle" with it.
A few moments later, she came back in, looking sad. I said, "that was quick," and she said, "yeah, I couldn't find a prince to trap." Pout, pout. I said, "a prince? Who is the prince?" And she said, "Jakey's the prince, but I couldn't trap him because he's outside."
And later tonight, a neighbor brough over a bouquet of flowers, and Grandma Lynne put one in Jillian's hair. Jillian said, "Now I want to put on a fancy dress and go dancing, with Jake!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment