Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fun at the Lake

On Easter weekend, we went to the lake with Grandpa Mat and Grandma Cindy to ride on the Polaris. I wasn't sure how Jillian and Jake would like it, but we got their swim suits on and the sunscreen applied, and set out for the lake. While we waited for Grandpa to get there, the kids made use of the playground area for a few minutes.
And then it was time to ride! Jillian got her life vest on...
And Jake chilled while he waited for his turn.





The water was pretty cold, but once you were in it, it wasn't so bad! I know - while riding the Polaris with Morgan, we fell in. Well, Morgan threw me off, and I pulled her in with me. Brrrr! We had an "adventure" trying to get back on, but we made it. It was a good reminder that I'm not 17 anymore! Jillian and Jake both played in the water by the edge while they waited their turn to ride.
Both kids loved riding the "little boat." At one point during our ride, Jillian yelled, "work it, mom!" She was having such a blast. She didn't want to get off! I had to go a bit slower for Jake, and he was so relaxed on it, he nearly fell asleep. He enjoyed it though. Jillian wanted to go again, so she went ahead and got on while the grown-ups traded life vests.


She's ready to ride!

"Uh, mom? Are you coming???"

No comments:

Post a Comment