Friday, April 30, 2010

Delaney Family Picnic

The second weekend that we were in Florida, the Delaney family had a crab boil/get together at Highlands Hammock. I was so excited that we were able to start going to these family functions now, and we couldn't wait to go! It was held at Highlands Hammock, which was nice, since there is a playground for the kids. We had great weather - it was nice out - not too hot or muggy.

Daniel Fisher, an old family friend, came to visit and hang out with us. It was so good to see Dan - it'd been years since the last time we got together. Daniel pushed Jillian on these swings for a good half hour. She just kind of chilled on the swings and zoned out a bit.Morgan kept Jake entertained on the swings too. Neither of them wanted to get out when it was time to stop swinging.
Cousins: Morgan and Madison Bush. (Technically, second cousins, I think...)
Jake and Kinston met for the first time. I can't wait to watch these boys grow up together!Aunt Cathy brought a craft project for the kids. Jillian was very serious about making her peanut butter and pinecone bird feeder. This project kept her and Kinston (and Cindy!) entertained for about a half hour. And they made a ton of birdfeeders!
"I can do it by myself, momma!"
Aunt Mary Margaret met Jake for the first time at the picnic. I think she likes him!
Uncle Monte, Aunt Mary Margaret, Uncle Paul, and Jake.

Mark being silly with a crab leg.
Uncle Monte playing with his food.
Uncle Monte, Dad, Uncle Mark, and Mark being silly.
I'm not sure whether Uncle Monte had met Jillian before the picnic, but they became buddies. She followed him around everywhere!
The cook!
Courtney, Jillian, Uncle Monte, Kinston and Jake playing tag! (Though I'm not sure that anyone but Jillian and Uncle Monte actually knew they were playing tag...)

Phew! Meeting new people and playing outside is tiring!


Of course Jillian didn't try any of the seafood, but she did take a bite out of some catfish, thinking it was a chicken finger. She took one more bite before she realized her mistake. Then she ate rolls for the rest of her meal (so did I - I don't do seafood...). But Jake really liked the shrimp and the crab!

We had a great time chatting with family who we hadn't seen in a long time - years in some cases. It was fun to introduce them to my kids and watch everyone interact. I hope we can do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment