Monday, July 13, 2009

Sweet Cuddles

When Jillian got up this morning, she came into our room and got into bed with me. I could tell she was still sleepy, so I didn't talk to her, I just got her settled in next to me and let her fall back asleep. She was all smushed up next to me, and we fell asleep together like that for about a half hour. When I woke up, I knew I was going to be late to work if I didn't get up soon, but I just couldn't bear to wake my princess. She was so sweet cuddled up next to me. And besides, my arm was under her head, so if I moved, I knew I'd wake her up.

Finally, though, it got to the point where I had to get up, or I'd never make it to work on time. I inched my arm out from under her, and very carefully got up. She stirred a bit, but went right back to sleep. Every few minutes while I was getting ready, I'd go look at my sweet little girl, all snuggly and peaceful, and think to myself how sweet she is and how lucky I am to have such a good girl. Finally, she started waking up. Sometimes that's a slow process for her, and she stretches and whimpers for five minutes or so. And other times, she pops right up, ready for the day. Today was a slow day, so she stretched and stretched and rolled over and stretched some more.

I went over to her, and touched her arm so she'd know I was there and not be alarmed when she woke up in my bed instead of hers. She kind of whimpered a bit, so I put my hand on her belly. So sweet, right? She opened her eyes, looked at me, and said very clearly, "can you just leave me alone, please?"

Uh, what happened to my sweet, peaceful, cuddle girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment