Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jake Goes to the Doctor

Jake had his check-up at the ENT doctor this morning. He had his post-operation check-up about two weeks ago, and had infections in both ears. The doctor took a culture, and gave us some new ear drops. Today he told us that Jake had grown some kind of virus (I don't remember the name), but said that it was very common. He checked Jake's ears, and said they looked perfect! I asked if his eardrums had gone back into the correct shape and position, and the doctor said that they looked great. We will go back for a post-op hearing test in three months, but I already know that Jake is hearing better.

I told the doctor that Jake started walking about 2 weeks after the surgery, and he jokingly said, "I'll take credit for that." I said, "I give you credit for that - that's why I'm telling you." And he laughed and said he was kidding, that it probably had nothing to do with the ears or the tubes, but I'm convinced that it did.

Jake's surgery was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment