Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sweet Sweet Jake

This morning, I had to get up early to go to a hearing downtown. I don't have to do that often, and it is always a rush trying to get the kids ready and out the door, and drop them off at preschool and make the crazy long drive downtown in time to get to court on time. So this morning, I set my alarm for earlier than usual and asked Rick to make sure I was up before he left. I had a plan, and if I stuck to it, I'd make it downtown with more than enough time to spare.

So, about two minutes after Rick left, Jake came and crawled in bed with me, just as I was about to get out. He snuggled right up to me, and just as I was thinking how him being up was going to slow me down, he looked over at me and said, "I love you, mom." I melted. That was the first time he has ever said "I love you" without me saying it first. It was completely unprovoked, and it was the sweetest thing ever. I said, "I love you too, buddy," and he said, "I love you too, momma." So cute!

He was pretty good and stayed in bed while I got ready to go. As I was getting dressed in my suit and heels and putting on make-up (as opposed to throwing on jeans and a t-shirt with no makeup), Jake said, "momma, you have to go downtown?" I thought it was cute that he knew what the suit meant!

And, for the record, I made it to my hearing with plenty of time to spare!

No comments:

Post a Comment