Wheel of Fortune held open auditions in North Texas this weekend! Early last week, we were watching Wheel of Fortune, and at the end, they showed a little blurb about auditions being held here. I was so excited! Wheel of Fortune is my show! If there were any game show that I'd do great at, its Wheel of Fortune - I love it, and I'm pretty good at it. So of course, I had to go to the auditions.
They held auditions in Dallas on Saturday, and in Ft. Worth on Sunday. We decided to go on Sunday, partly because the auditions were being held at Billy Bob's Texas, and we'd never been there before. I got online and read up on the audition process, and I was super excited. On Sunday, it was raining, which we were hoping would mean that there wouldn't be as many people there. We were wrong - there were a zillion people who showed up!

When we got there, we immediately got in line. We hadn't been there long when an announcement was made that the first show was filled up. They held three "shows" during the day, and each show allowed about 1500 people. Each of those people filled out an application, which was dumped in a big drum. Then the travelling host, Marty, pulled names out of the drum, five at a time, to come up on stage to play in a version of the speed round. Those people were evaluated to determine if they were suitable for the show. If they were, they'd get called back for a second audition, which will take place later this month. During the first show, which we watched while standing in line, they called about 25 or 30 people up on the stage.
While we waited, Jillian and Jake hung out at the bar... . The bartender gave them each a cup of strawberry slushee because she thought they were cute.



As it turns out, the Wheel of Fortune auditions were not so much fun for Jillian and Jake. We had a feeling that would be the case, so we drove in two cars to Ft. Worth. Eventually, Rick took the kids to get some lunch and then home, so I was on my own. We had to stand in line for so long, though, that I made friends with the people around me.
Finally, it was my turn to go in - I made it into the second show! I couldn't believe how many people were in the room. Each time they called out a name, I hoped it was me. But it never was. I didn't get to go up on stage to audition. I was so bummed about it! BUT, they do take all the applications back to California with them, and they read through them, and call some of those people back for the second round of auditions as well. Hopefully, they'll call me back after reading my application - I put on there that I could wiggle my ears, in hopes of getting their attention (I can...).


Here's Marty, the traveling host, and Heidi, the traveling Vanna. They used white boards for the letters, and Heidi wrote the letters on them as they were called out. The used letter board is under the category.

Even though it was a long day and I didn't get picked to go on stage, I'm still glad that I went to the audition. If I hadn't gone, I'd have always wondered if I would have made it. Now at least I can say that I tried!
No comments:
Post a Comment