Today at the park, Jillian and I were playing 'tag,' and I was IT. So I was chasing her around, and Jake was chasing after us, and Jillian decided to hop up on the play equipment. She ran up the stairs, went down the slide, climbed up another slide, and crawled through a tunnel. I followed right behind her, "chasing" her. The inside of the tunnel has these gripper things for your shoes that are raised up about an inch, because the tunnel is tilted up, so its at an incline.
So I slipped in the tunnel, and banged my knee on one of those gripper things. It hurt SO bad! I made my way out of the tunnel (barely...) and sat down at the top of the slide. Jillian came around to see what was the matter, and I told her I hurt myself. I was biting back tears (it really really hurt) and I couldn't move my leg without it hurting. She said, "you're okay, momma. Let's go play!" I explained again that I hurt my knee a little and just needed to take a little break for just a minute, and she bent down and kissed my knee. Then she sighed loudly and said, "there, I kissed it. You're FINE. Let's go play now!" Uh, okay. Let's play...
(When we got home, I checked it out, and I have a huge purple bruise on my kneecap, and its definitely swollen...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Was it your "Days Of Thunder" knee?? My poor baby!!
ReplyDeleteIt WAS my "Days of Thunder" knee! Thanks for the giggle!
ReplyDelete