Sometimes when I step outside for a minute to let the dog out to go to the bathroom, I'll tell Jillian that I need her to "babysit" Jake. That helps her to not freak out that I'm gonna be gone for a minute. Today, though, I wanted to take a shower, so I asked her to babysit Jake while I was in the shower. She said she would, but then when I told Jake that Jillian was babysitting him, she said she didn't want to. So I said, "how about this? I know its not fair to make you babysit for free, so I'll pay you two quarters if you babysit Jake." She didn't even skip a beat before she said, "I'll do it for three."
When I got out of the shower, I figured I'd take advantage of my babysitter (since I was already paying her) and go ahead and take the dog out. As soon as I walked back in the door, I said, "Jake, were you good for your sister?" He said, "uh huh." I turned to ask Jillian a question, and she just held out her hand! I gave her the money, and she ran to her room and put it in her piggy bank (she has a $10 bill in there that she got for her birthday, and before she put her 3 quarters in there, she had to check to make sure her dollar was okay - it was.).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment