Yesterday when I went to pick Jillian up from school, she was in the 3 year old class. When I got to the classroom, all the kids were sitting on the floor in a little group reading books. Jillian had a book open in her lap and didn't see me come in. Some of the other kids got her attention, and she said, "what?" They told her that her mommy was here, and she got excited and stood up to run over to me. I exclaimed, "hi pumpkin!" I knew immediately that it was going to be a problem.
Some of the kids started saying, "pump-kin? pumpkin!" in their little sing-song voices. I started talking to the teacher, and Jillian kept telling me, "mama, I'm not a pumpkin!" Then I put her down and she walked over to the kids, who were still laughing, and put her hands on her hips and said, "I'm not a pumpkin!" She was mad. But the other kids stopped.
So then, when Rick got home from work, I started to tell him about it, and before I said more than, "I think I embarassed Jillian at school today," she turned around and gave me the stink eye. So I told him that apparently she was still mad at me, and I'd finish telling him the story later. When she went back to what she was doing, I told him the story in whispers, but she must have been keeping her ear on me, because she gave me THE LOOK. She wasn't happy with me about it. Oops! Guess I will be calling her only Jillian from now on - at least at school!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment