Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Monster Trucks!

We took Jillian and Jake to the Monster Truck Jam a few days ago. We went with our friends Tammy and Jerry and their kids Ryanne and Jameson, and Laura and Barry and their kids Lisa and Jayce. The boys were all very excited to go. The girls, well, not so much. Jillian asked me the night before if she and I could just stay home and have a girls night. I told her we should go and see what its like, because we might like it (and we'd already bought the tickets). I found out later that Lisa asked Laura if she could stay home too...
Anyway, we bought ear protectors for the kids and were on our way. Before the show started, they had a "pit pass" area, where you could walk around and look at all the big trucks. Jake really enjoyed this part, and I think the girls did too. They didn't complain, anyway.
We were definitely in the nose-bleed section, but we had a good view of the entire arena area, and everyone could see well. There was a lot of anticipation leading up to the show, with no one really knowing what to expect.
It was LOUD! Jake loved it! He was intrigued by the whole thing. He watched the whole time and would get excited when the trucks crashed or flipped over. He couldn't have been happier!
A shot of the whole group!
The first part of the show was the trucks racing around a track. It wasn't that exciting, and Jillian told me several times that she didn't like monster trucks. (I agreed - I wasn't really enjoying it either...) She eventually FELL ASLEEP. At the loudest place you could possibly be. How did she sleep through this??? While she slept, the show got much more fun - they started the freestyle competition where the monster trucks did tricks and stuff. We saw a few flip over, lose tires, and kind of fall apart. Jillian missed almost all of that. When she woke up, she got to see the last two or three trucks do the freestyle competition, which she did enjoy. Silly girl! (I did tell her that next time the boys want to go to a monster truck show, she and I can stay home and have a girls night....)

No comments:

Post a Comment