Jillian and Jake were talking about wanting to get another dog. Jillian said she wanted to get a girl dog, so George could have a friend to play with during the day when we aren't home. I told her that George mostly just slept all day, so he didn't really need a friend. We talked about how the neighbor's dog, Bella, is a girl, and George and Bella are friends. Jillian said, "wouldn't it be cute if George and Bella got married, since George is a boy and Bella is a girl?" Jake and I laughed about that for a minute, and Jillian said, "But there is going to be a BIG argument on our hands if George and Bella get married!" I asked her what she meant, and she said, "There's gonna be an argument about where they're going to live when they get married. We will want them to live here in our house, but Lisa and Jayce (the neighbor kids) will want them to live at their house. Hmmmmmm.......Let's just get our own girl dog, mom."
One day recently, Jillian and her teacher were outside with the class, and Jake's class was outside at the same time. Jake, Jillian, and Ms. Roberson were all chatting about something, and when Jake and his class went inside, Ms. Roberson told Jillian, "I guess I'm going to have Jake in my class next year. I bet he's as smart as you." Jillian looked up and said, matter of factly, "not really. I'm smarter than Jake!" She's not modest at all....
On the way home from school, I was chatting with the kids, and I asked them what kind of animal they would want to have for a pet if they could pick anything at all. Jake said he would want a cow, and Jillian said she would want a horse. She said, "If I had a horse, I would ride him all over the place. I would tell him to take me down the road, and around the cul-de-sac. And if he didn't understand what I meant when I said 'cul-de-sac,' I'll tell him to take me around the circle part of the road. And if he doesn't understand that, well, that horse must speak Spanish!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment