Last night, while I was putting Jillian to bed, all of a sudden, out of the blue, she started naming the states. In alphabetical order. I couldn't believe it! I stopped her, and had her start over, and she went through all 50 states, in alphabetical order! I had no idea she could do that, or that she was learning to do that. I got her out of bed and took her into the living room so she could show Rick. He was just as impressed as me - he had no idea she was learning the states in school either.
Jillian told us that her class was learning a song about the 50 states, and if all the kids could learn it, they would sing it at VPK graduation. I asked her if the other kids could do it, and she told me, "not really."
So this morning when I dropped her off at school, I waited around during circle time to hear the kids sing the song and recite the states. Jillian was right, she was practically the only kid who could do all fifty states. There were a few others who could say most of them, but from what I could tell, Jillian might have been the only kid who could do them all.
I'm so proud of her! Who knew that she was capable of learning something like that? I wouldn't have ever thought to teach her the fifty states. In alphabetical order!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment