Jillian had a My Little Pony theme for her 5th birthday party. We had the party at our house, and she invited a bunch of friends from her class at school, plus her friends from our neighborhood. All her grandparents came, plus Aunt Cathy, Uncle Don, and Morgan.
This isn't the best picture, but it shows her cute dress. I fell in love with this dress in the store, and had to have it for her. I had one just like it when I was a little girl (I think the stripes on mine were thinner, and I think mine had a cat applique on the chest, but I loved that dress, and wanted her to have one just like it!)
We set up tables and chairs in our super long driveway and had hot dogs and hamburgers for lunch.
The pinata was a big hit. I'm pretty sure Jillian thinks its not a proper birthday party if there's no pinata!
Present time! This is another thing that Jillian feels strongly about. We've been to parties that are at the gym or bounce houses or pizza places, and the kids don't open their presents at the party. Jillian hates that - she likes to see what the kids get for their birthday, and she likes to see if the kid likes the present she brought. She must have asked me ten times if she was going to get to open her presents at her party. Of course, once she started, it was over in the blink of an eye - but that's how it goes when you're five!
Time for cake!
Happy birthday, princess Jillian! I can't believe you are already five - you're growing up to be such a smart, beautiful little girl, and I'm so proud to be your mommy! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment