Wednesday, June 8, 2011
Yikes!
On the way to school this morning, Jillian looked over at the car next to me and asked me if the driver was a boy or a girl. This person had short hair and was wearing an orange polo shirt. I asked Jillian what she thought, and she said, "I think its a boy." I told her I thought it was a girl, because she had boobies. Jillian said, "but it has short hair." I explained that sometimes girls have short hair, and she said, "but its wearing a boy shirt." I kept calling the person "she" or "her" and every time, Jillian would say "it." I was kind of chuckling to myself about that, when all of a sudden, Jake (who up to this point hadn't said a word), screams at the top of his lungs, "Show ME Your Boobies!" Yeah, our windows were rolled down. So were "its" windows. Awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OMG! Welcome to my world! When I tried to explain this concept to Ry a while back and thought I had herd the end of it. Then one day he pointed to an old lady in the Wal-Mart line and said "He has short hair." then to the man in the electric cart behind us and said "She has boobies!" There I stood with no idea how to apologize to these people, while my kid beamed with pride because he had figured it out :/
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA!!! Then you would appreciate my cousin's little one. They were at the hospital visiting our Grandfather. For whatever reason my cousin's middle kid-Joseph, my oldest cousin-Susan and my brother went to the cafeteria or some place involving riding an elevator. Now allow me to preface this by saying Joseph has a very active imagination.
ReplyDeleteIn an elevator FULL of people he starts telling Susan (his aunt) about Jackson. Jackson is fishing in the rocks, and he has a fish on his head and he's naked!! Jackson is his imaginary friend.... My Cousin MORTIFIED, my brother is nearly ROLLING he's laughing so hard. Clearly mission accomplished for Joseph.
Later that day they're sitting in the hospital and an Asian India doctor goes walking by them, Susan by this point has learned and quickly reaches over to clamp a hand over Joseph's mouth!!
I'm just sorry I missed it all!