Fortunately, the director at DSA is opening a new school, much closer to our house. It won't be open until the fall, but we're happy to have that as an option for later in the year. For the summer though, we needed to find something closer. Figuring out the school situation has been such a hard thing. We're all sad to be leaving DSA, but excited about joining the new school in the fall.
On the kids' last day at DSA, we were all feeling a bit sad. We pulled up in the parking lot, and saw this huge banner hanging on the fence. I started crying the second I saw it. Jillian asked why I was sad, and I read to her what the banner said, and she got sad too. It was such a sweet gesture. The banner says, "We'll miss you guys! Jake and Jillian - God Bless You!" It was signed by all the teachers, and had all the kids' classmates' names on it. It was so sweet! (Now, here I'm gonna brag - since we've been going to that school, there have been several kids who have left, and I've never seen them do a banner like this before. Plus, when I went to pick the kids up that afternoon, there was a sign on Jillian's classroom door that said, "Goodbye Jillian and Sahil - we'll miss you!" Apparently, it was Sahil's last day too, but he didn't get a banner. They love my kids there -and who could blame them??)
No comments:
Post a Comment