When we got there, the studio told me there were three other kids signed up, so Jillian would make the fourth. But when class started, there was only one other girl there. And two teachers. So Jillian and the other little girl each had their own teacher. They told me that the class is going to fill up in the next few weeks, but even then, they cap the class at ten kids. They didn't do any tap in the first class, because neither girl had tap shoes, but they worked on ballet and tumbling. Parents aren't allowed in the room, so I had to take all the pictures through the two-way mirror.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Little Miss Ballerina
Jillian started her dance lessons this week! She's taking a class that does ballet, tap, and tumbling all in one class. She is LOVING it! The first class was kind of a trial class because I didn't want to sign her up and pay the fees if for some reason she hated it. I didn't think she would, because she loves to dance for us, and is always asking me to show her different ballerina "moves." Plus, she loves putting on her tutus and her ballet slippers. She couldn't wait to go to her class.
When we got there, the studio told me there were three other kids signed up, so Jillian would make the fourth. But when class started, there was only one other girl there. And two teachers. So Jillian and the other little girl each had their own teacher. They told me that the class is going to fill up in the next few weeks, but even then, they cap the class at ten kids. They didn't do any tap in the first class, because neither girl had tap shoes, but they worked on ballet and tumbling. Parents aren't allowed in the room, so I had to take all the pictures through the two-way mirror.


Walking on the balance beam. She thought this was fun. 
We went this weekend to get her tap and ballet shoes. When I told her we were getting tap shoes, she said, "I don't want tap shoes, I want ballet shoes." I told her we were getting both, and explained to her what tap shoes were, and she decided that she would like those. At the store, she tried on one pair and was SOLD. She didn't want to take them off, even though they were way too big. I finally got her to try on another pair and take them off so we could buy them, but she is in love with the tap shoes! When we got home, she put them on to show Rick, and she went to town in those things! She was tap tap tapping all over the place!
When we got there, the studio told me there were three other kids signed up, so Jillian would make the fourth. But when class started, there was only one other girl there. And two teachers. So Jillian and the other little girl each had their own teacher. They told me that the class is going to fill up in the next few weeks, but even then, they cap the class at ten kids. They didn't do any tap in the first class, because neither girl had tap shoes, but they worked on ballet and tumbling. Parents aren't allowed in the room, so I had to take all the pictures through the two-way mirror.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment