For about a month now, we've been forced to watch previews for Dora the Explorer's birthday movie. I personally think it should be against the law for a network to start showing previews for something like that a MONTH ahead of time. Its tough to explain to a 3 year old Dora fan that, no, she can't watch Dora's birthday movie today, even though she just saw some of it on the preview, because it doesn't come on for a month! She doesn't know how long a month is!!! Obviously, the guys (obviously its guys) over at Nickelodeon either don't have kids or don't remember having a 3 year old.
Anyway....last night was the night. Jillian looked forward to it all day long. She even told her Sunday School teacher all about how she was going to watch Dora's birthday. And all afternoon she asked when it was coming on. I decided to make it fun, so after dinner, I went to Publix and bought birthday cupcakes so we could have a birthday party for Dora. After the movie was over (which Jake was every bit as into as Jillian was - Dora is his girlfriend, after all), I got the cupcakes out and we sang happy birthday to Dora. Rick and Grandpa Rodney wanted to eat cupcakes too, and I told them they had to sing to Dora to get a cupcake. So they came over and serenaded the Dora doll who was sitting at the place of honor at the table.
I thought it was a cute way to end the weekend, and I think the kids thought it was kind of fun to have a party for Dora.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment