Monday, June 15, 2009

Look at me, marvelous me...

Jillian's new favorite song (well, the chorus of the song) from music class goes like this:

Look at me, marvelous me
See what I can do
By myself, that's right, just me
See what I can do!

It's so cute to listen to her sing this song (just imagine the cuteness when she says "marvelous"). Plus, she kind of yells it, like its her mantra or something. So in honor of the new song, I wanted to show off what the kids can do:

*Jillian can count up to 30. At least 30.
*Jake took about 10 steps on his own today, without any encouragement or prodding from us. He stood up on his own, and started walking towards Jillian. Maybe she was encouraging him?
*Jillian knows her left and right foot. She gets it correct every time. (Now I have to tell her to make sure she gets her shoes on the 'correct' feet, rather than the 'right' feet, or she gets confused.)
*Jake has mastered the art of "playing" the pots and pans. Jillian never really got into that, but Jake is quite the musician. He also loves banging on the turtle drum and playing the xylophone. Sometimes, we have a whole band - with Jillian on the turtle drum, me on the panda tamborine, and Jake playing the monkey maraccas. Its LOUD!
*Both kids love going to the water park and are very comfortable in the water. Jillian will take swim lessons this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment