When they woke up, Jillian and Jake gave Daddy the cards they made. Jake colored for the first time ever today, and seemed to enjoy it. He did a pretty good job, but he did ultimately decide that eating the crayons was more fun.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Happy Father's Today, Daddy!
Happy Father's Day! We started this morning by letting Daddy sleep in a little bit. Jake and I got up early, and then Rick got up. Jillian still wasn't awake at 7:30 (probably because she didn't make it to bed last night until 9:45 and didn't fall asleep until about 10:15), so Rick went in to check on her and ended up waking her up. Then Rick made breakfast (I know, its Father's Day, but he wanted to cook). Then we went to church and then came home for naps. The kids took long naps - Jake slept for more than 3 hours, and Jillian slept for about 2 1/2 hours.
When they woke up, Jillian and Jake gave Daddy the cards they made. Jake colored for the first time ever today, and seemed to enjoy it. He did a pretty good job, but he did ultimately decide that eating the crayons was more fun.
Jillian started her card while we waited for Daddy after church, and finished up after her nap. She decorated the card and the envelope, and was very proud when she brought it in to Rick. She kept saying, "Happy Father's Today, Daddy!"
Later in the afternoon, Jillian and Jake and I took Rick out to dinner at Pappadeaux, a seafood restaurnat down the street. Jake ate a ton of the fried shrimp that we ordered for Jillian, who didn't eat even one bite of it (even though I tried to tell her it was just pink chicken!). Jillian ate french fries, crackers, and bread. Jake also enjoyed bites of Rick's tilapia. I'm thinking Jillian may end up being a bit picky like her mama. Oh, and just as we were thinking about getting ready to leave, a waiter across the room dropped a plate, which shattered, and a small piece of the plate flew at me and hit me in the neck! Ouch!
When they woke up, Jillian and Jake gave Daddy the cards they made. Jake colored for the first time ever today, and seemed to enjoy it. He did a pretty good job, but he did ultimately decide that eating the crayons was more fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So sorry about the plate hitting you, but I am soooooo glad that it missed my babies. I am glad that you guys had a good holiday.
ReplyDeleteMe too - if Jillian had been sitting where I was, it would have got her in the face! Yikes!
ReplyDelete