A few weeks ago, Jillian and Jake stayed the night with Grandma Lynne and Grandpa Rodney. They watched the Spiderman movie while they were there, and when they came home, they told me they were a little bit scared of the Green Goblin. We talked a little about how he was not real, and how even if he was, if the Green Goblin tried to come into our house, Daddy would beat him up. The next day, on the way to school, the kids were talking about the Green Goblin, and Jake said, "I'm going to beat him up! If that Green Goblin comes in the car, I'm going to kick his butt!" They both giggled, and Jillian said, "Yeah, if he comes in here, I'm going to throw my carseat at him!" Jake started laughing hysterically, and Jillian, in a very stern voice said, "Its not funny, Jake. This is very SERIOUS!"
On Friday afternoon on the way home from school, it was pouring rain. Jake kept asking me to open the garage door, but we were too far away from the house for the clicker to work, so I wasn't doing it. He kept screaming "open the garage door, mommy!" Finally, Jillian asked me what Jake was saying, and I told her. Then she looked at him and said, "Jake, to me it sounds like you're saying 'the grass door,' so can you please try to pronounce it correctly? Its guh-rage."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment