Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter

On Easter morning, I asked Jillian if she thought the Easter bunny had come to our house. She ran to the living room and looked, but didn't see anything (their Easter baskets were in the playroom), so she ran to Jake's bedroom to look out the window. She said, "mama, I don't see anything that looks like the Easter bunny was here!" I told her that maybe she should have looked a little bit more in the house, and steered her towards the playroom.


Showing off her chocolate bunny. I had been asking her in the days leading up to Easter what she thought the Easter bunny might leave for her in her basket, and all she would ever tell me was a chocolate bunny. So, of course, she got one!

And Jake got one too!


Jillian also got a super-cool tea set, that came with its own carrying case shaped like a hat box. She opened it up and set up a tea party almost immediately!

Jake got a remote-controlled Lightening McQueen for his train tracks. The Easter bunny forgot batteries, though, so Jake had to wait a bit before he could play with his new toy.

After the kids checked out their baskets, we went to church, and then over to Grandma Lynne and Granpa Rodney's house for dinner. The kids wanted to check out the baby chickens while we were there.







No comments:

Post a Comment