Yesterday, on the way home from school, Jillian showed me her finger and told me that it hurt. She asked if she could have a band-aid when we got home. Rick had just bought new band-aids, and the kids saw them. They treat band-aids like stickers, which means we never have them when they are really bleeding. So I asked Jillian if her finger was bleeding, and she said no. She said, "Can I have a Toy Story band-aid?" (She has princess band-aids, Jake has Toy Story.) I told her no. So she asked Jake, "Jake, can I have one of your Toy Story band-aids when we get home?" He told her no, so she asked him again. He said no, again. Then she said, "Pleeeeeaaaaase, Jake? I don't want to waste my princess band-aids!"
A few days ago, Jake was going potty just before we left school. He goes standing up, so he has to aim. Well, he wasn't using his hands to aim, he was just kind of arching his back, and it wasn't exactly working. So I kept telling him to hold it so he wouldn't pee on the seat. Finally, he grabbed it, and I guess his fingers touched his testicles. He looked at me and said, "mommy, what's this?" I told him it was his "weinie" because I thought that's what he was referring to. He kept saying, "no, what's that?" Finally, I leaned over to look closer, thinking there was a sore or a bump or something. That's when I realized he was talking about his testicles. So I told him that he needed to talk to Rick about that -there are some conversations that boys just need to have with their daddy. So, for the next day or so, Jake asked me a few more times, and I kept trying to get him to ask Rick, but he wouldn't do it. So finally, he asked me, and I told him they were testicles, thinking that he wouldn't go around repeating a big word like that. I said, "those are your testicles." He looked up at me with a look on his face and said, "No its not. Those are BALLS!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment