I have a lot of friends that write blogs. Many of them refer to their children, and even themselves, by just a first initial, or by a nickname or "code name." Most of them don't write about their kids' schools, or even announce where they live. They make sure that their photos don't have any identifying markers in them before they are posted.
I don't want to write a blog like that. That's not what my blog is about. When I started this blog, I did so to keep our family in other parts of the country involved in our kids' lives. I wanted our family to feel like they were a part of big events and activities that our kids participated in, and I wanted them to get to know my kids in a way that they wouldn't have been able to otherwise. That part of my blog isn't as important now that we've moved closer to our family and they see the kids more often. The second reason I keep this blog is because I want to have it when the kids are older. Each year, I'll get the blog printed in book form. Its way better than just a simple photo album because it tells the stories that photos don't and can't tell. I love the fact that I'll have such a detailed account of stories and pictures for the kids (and Rick and I) to look back on over the years.
I've decided that I think its time to make this a private blog. I've realized that a public blog, with information that isn't "censored," can be kind of dangerous. I don't like that we live in a world where there are icky people, but it is what it is, and I need to protect my family.
SO, if you want to keep reading this blog, please send me an e-mail with your e-mail address, or leave it here in the comments section, and I'll add you to the approved list. I'm not trying to exclude anyone, so please, let me know you want to keep reading, and if I know you, you're in! Really, I just want to know WHO is reading. Don't worry, I won't publish your comments, so you can leave your email address right in your comment.
I'll keep the blog public for another week or so to make sure everyone has a chance to see this and get me their email address.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment