We wish you a Merry Christmas!
We wish you a Merry Christmas!
We wish you a Merry Christmas,
And a Happy New Year!
Now bring us some piggy booty,
Now bring us some piggy booty,
Now bring us some piggy booty,
And bring it right here!
That's what Jillian thought the song said! She'd sing it, and then shriek, "they said 'piggy booty!" She's so funny!
I have a funny girl! Here are some more funny stories:
* The other day, we saw a guy wearing a tiger costume. I said, "Jillian, look at the tiger!" She said, "mom, that's not a REAL tiger, that's just some guy wearing a tiger costume!"
* In the car a week or so ago, Jake was playing with a stuffed pig. Jillian decided she wanted it, so she asked Jake for it. He told her no, so she got upset. I told her to offer him a trade, so she asked him if she wanted to trade the pig for the lamb she had. He said no. So she kept saying that she wanted to have the pig and asking Jake to trade her for the lamb. She kept at it for a few minutes, and all of a sudden she just stopped talking. I was just thinking how odd that was that she just quit whining about it. All of a sudden, she said, "Jake, don't you just love my lamb. Its so cool, and you can't have it. Ask all you want, but you can't have this lamb. Its MINE. Not yours, and you aren't getting it. It's MY lamb. Isn't it pretty?" So, of course, Jake decided that he wanted the lamb, because Jillian had it and didn't want to give it up. He said, "Jillie, I have lamb?" She told him no. He asked again, and she said no again. And then he reached out and offered her his pig for the lamb. Jillian looked over at him, grabbed the pig, tossed him the lamb, and just giggled! That reverse psychology stuff works like a charm! I can't believe she figured that out on her own - but I'm wondering, does that mean I'm not going to be able to use it on her?
*Just before Thanksgiving, we decided we were going to get bikes for the kids for Christmas. So we took them to Wal-Mart one day to let them try out some bikes to see what sizes they needed. Jillian fell in love with a Disney Princess bike that has a seat on the back for her to carry a baby doll. It was the first bike she tried, and after that, she didn't want to try any more. We couldn't even hardly get her to sit on the next size up bike to try out the size. Of course, both kids wanted to leave with bikes that day. I told them they should put it on their Christmas lists and ask Santa for the bike. And Jillian said, "but I want THIS bike. Santa can't get this bike!" I asked her why, and she told me "because Santa can't come shopping here." I tried to explain to her that Santa's elves could make her the same bike - that the elves make all the toys. She wasn't buying it because she knew the bike was in the store, not made by elves. I kept trying to convince her, and finally she just said, "mom, I think if I get this bike for Christmas, its just going to have to be from you and dad, not Santa."
On Sunday, on the way to church, I saw a really vibrant rainbow. I was trying to show it to Jillian, but she wasn't seeing it. Finally, I realized that my sunglasses were making it look brighter than it really was, so I gave her my sunglasses to look through. She was able to see it, and I said, "Isn't that rainbow really beautiful, Jillian?" She said, "its pretty mom, but you know, its just a reflection from the water." She's such a smartie!
We've been listening to a children's Christmas CD in the car for the past few weeks. Jillian and Jake both have their favorite songs, and when they come on, they sing along. I love when Jillian randomly starts singing one of those songs when the CD isn't on, especially when she sings one that I didn't know she even knew the words to. And Jake is so funny - he just listens most of the time, but when we're singing a song together, like at bedtime or something, Jillian and I will sing, and when Jake remembers a word, he'll SCREAM it. It definitely adds some emphasis to our songs!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment