Saturday afternoon we went to Lake Placid for the Christmas parade. The kids were SO excited! When I told Jillian about it, she told me she didn't want to just sit and watch the parade - she wanted to march IN the parade! I told her she had to wait until she was just a little bit older before she could be in the parade.

We had to get to the parade route early so we'd have a place to sit. We packed a picnic dinner, so we set up our chairs and settled in. We had a little more than an hour to spare, so Rick and I walked with the kids over to Grandma Delaney's house for a little visit. After leaving there, we went to the playground at a nearby church to kill some time.

Finally - parade time! When we got back to our 'spot,' Donald and Elizabeth were there with Kinston. Jake and Kinston thought it was cute that they both had on Gator jackets. Well, maybe Elizabeth and I thought it was cute.

When the parade started, Jillian and Jake were mesmerized. I swear Jillian waved to every person in the parade! They loved it!

When the ROTC kids walked by, Rick told Jillian to salute them, so she did. She got up on her little knee, and put her hand up to her head. She stayed like that the whole time they were walking by, and when they were past her, she sat back down. She was very serious about it too. It was so cute! (In this picture, she was just lowering her hand - it took me too long to get the camera out and take the picture, so I missed the real cuteness, but you can imagine...)
No comments:
Post a Comment