Sunday, October 28, 2012

(Not-So) Smart Mommy

The other day on the way to school, I was talking to Jake about something, and he said that Daddy was taller than me.  I said, "yup, Daddy is taller than me, and bigger than me, and older than me, but he's not SMARTER than me."

Jake said, "yeah, well, I'm smarter than everyone.  Except you, mommy.  Because you know everything, right mommy?"

Me:  "That's right, Jakey.  Mommy does know everything!"  (Smiling to myself - how great is that kid??)

The conversation turned to something else, and we just listened to the radio for at least two or three minutes.  Then this conversation followed:

Jillian:  Mommy, what do the kids do at church?
Me:  What do you mean?
Jillian:  What do they do at church?
Me:  Well, they play games, and sing songs, and do crafts to learn about God.
Jillian:  What else do they do?
Me:  You know what they do.  They go in the nursery.
Jillian:  Not the babies, mom.  The kids.  What do the kids do?
Me:  Jillie, you've been to church.  You know what the kids do.
Jillian:  What do they do?
Me:  They play games and sing songs.
Jillian:  What kind of games?
Me: (Getting kind of frustrated by now) I don't know Jill...
Jillian: (Cutting me off)  See, mommy, I guess you DON'T know everything, do you??

No comments:

Post a Comment