Thursday, July 26, 2012

The World's Smallest Circus!

I got some coupons for discount tickets to a circus that was at UCF, so we decided to take the kids.  Our friends Laura and Barry decided to come with us with their kids, Lisa and Jayce.  Everyone was really excited.

Unfortunately, when we got there, we realized that the "circus" was sort of, um, lame. There was a petting zoo set up, and a teeny tiny circus ring, all in an area smaller than a high school gym. Jillian and Jake were happy to feed the animals in the petting zoo, and Jake was just excited to get some cotton candy. And Jillian was excited to ride an elephant (for some reason, I couldn't convince Jake to ride the elephant though).

This zebra had a sign on his cage saying that he bites.  I told Jillian, and she said, "that's okay, I'll pet him back here.  He doesn't have any teeth back here."



 After the elephant ride, Jillian told me that she was "way high up" and that the elephant smelled.
 Finally, he got his cotton candy - and all was right in his world!

 At intermission of the "circus," Jake finished up his cotton candy, while Jillian wanted to go back down to the petting zoo.

 One of the reasons I wanted to go to the circus was because the flier we got said they had a My Little Pony parade.  Trust me, I realize how wrong that sounds, but I was really curious and wanted to see it.  Plus, Jillian is pretty in to My Little Ponies (and so was I when I was a kid), so I was looking forward to it.  You can't tell from the picture, but basically, these ponies are wearing fake tails, and their manes were dyed pastel colors.  Barely-there pastel colors.  I was disappointed.  I mean, if you are going to make a horse suffer the indignity of being dyed and paraded around as a My Little Pony, you might as well do it right!  Those horses should have been brightly colored, with hearts and stars stenciled on their butts!
As disappointed as the grown-ups were with the "circus," the kids had a great time! That's all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment